Most states do offer some degree of financial assistance for assisted living with memory care through Medicaid programs, VA benefits and other government programs.
Medicaid covers nursing home care and some home health services for adults with low incomes and assets to protect and little money for their own care or medical emergencies beyond (on average) $2525 in personal property in most states and regions of the United States other than California which is more tolerant of home ownership than others by far but still limits how much can be in the home for the protection of the State. Fortunately the cost is often substantially less if the individual is only admitted to an Assisted Living Facility like the one at rather than a nursing home as the Nursing Facilities have a higher overhead.

How are Assisted Living Facilities Different From Nursing Homes? - HomeCare Hospital Beds

However, it’s important to note that Medicaid does not cover the cost of basic room and board the way it does for residents of nursing homes. Some states offer coverage for non-medical services that can be helpful to those who need it in other ways but such coverage is extremely limited in scope and most will not pay for things like personal services to help with personal hygiene or other non medical care related needs such as housekeeping and the like because these services are not considered medical in nature although some state programs like Cal-ARP may help to pay for certain services like personal care aides who have the proper HHA Certification and are therefore trained specifically to help those who need it to maintain decent hygiene as they grow older.

If your loved one’s state Medicaid program does not provide financial assistance with residential assisted living facilities such as Summerfield Memory Care of Roseville, there may be Medicaid waiver programs that offer comparable personal care options along with additional funds to help cover costs.

The Family Care Program (FCP) is a state-run program that provides support to eligible people who need assistance with daily living activities or supervision 24 hours a day in licensed nursing homes and assisted living facilities; certain designated licensed adult day care centers and adult home care agencies may also participate in the FCP to receive additional reimbursement on behalf of the client. Applications for the Client-Directed Personal Care Services option of the FCPP are managed at the state level by the Department of Aging and usually take around four weeks to process once all required documentation is submitted